Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chapter 100


Jon woke up with a throbbing headache. He turned around to read the time, 9.15. Turning around again he saw Melody’s empty space. He wished she was there with him. He wanted to hug and hold her right now, he just felt like crap and she would make him feel better.

He closed his eyes again, hoping he could sleep some more.

A few minutes later he heard his bedroom door open, he looked over his shoulder to see who possible could be in his house, not that many people had a key. “Don’t you have to be at work?” Maybe he had read the clock wrong.

“No.” Melody said and walked over to sit on the side of the bed.  She gave him the cup of coffee she was holding. “I took the morning off.”

Jon sat up and took the cup of coffee and drank. His head was still hurting but the coffee made it slightly better. “Care to join me?” He padded the empty space in the bed next to him.
“Really?”
Jon chuckled and slightly flinched when it hurt his head. “No, I just want to hold you.”
Melody got in on the other side of the bed. “You’re not gonna be sick are you?”
Jon chuckled again. “No, I can hold my liquor, it wasn’t that bad.” He put his coffee cup on the night stand.
“Good, cause I hate that. I haven’t seen you drink that much, so I wouldn’t know.” She snuggled back into the sheets.
“I think everyone hates that.” Jon said as he scooted down and pulled her to him.

His hand moved under her t-shirt and gently stroked her back.

The room was perfectly quiet except for their breathing.

“You have to talk to Richie.” Melody said after a while.
“I know.” Jon sighed. “When my headache is gone.”

He stroked her back, closing his eyes, his fingers brushed over the waistband of her undies.



“I have to go to work.” Melody said.

They had finally made it out of bed and moved to the couch after having some brunch. Jon’s headache started to subside after he had some food and drinks.

“Can’t you take the afternoon off too?” He liked her taking care of him, even though she was just bringing him coffee and toast. The kisses she added, helped too.
“No, I’ll be on tour with you for two months and I won’t get paid as much then and I still have to pay bills, so I have to work now.” Melody explained. She might not be home for two months but she’d still have to pay all the payments, so she worked as much as she could now.

“Not if you just move in with me.” Jon said before he thought.
Melody was a little dumbstruck, did he say that? She shook her head to clear it. “Jon, I have four kids, you have four kids, where would they all go?” Not to mention the possibility of another one.
“The Jersey house.” He opted. He hadn’t meant to say it like that, but he liked the idea, he couldn’t deny that he hadn’t thought about it.
“Your kids would be too far from school and you can’t leave the state if Dorothea still lives in New York and I can’t leave New Jersey.” Melody would love it but it was too difficult with exes and children.

Jon sighed, she was right; it’s why Richie still lives in LA now. “See you after work then?” Jon asked, dropping the subject.
“Don’t you have Stephanie’s graduation party?” She was planning on going home after work tonight.
“No, Dorothea is doing it at the Jersey house. I gave her the keys yesterday. Don’t you need to plan J’s?” He asked her the same question.
“It’s on Sunday and all planned, it’s nothing fancy.” It would be simple, family mainly and some friends.
“I doubt Dorothea will keep it simple tomorrow. Steph will be the first to leave anyway.” He got up and walked her to the hall. “See you tonight.” He added a kiss.
“Phone Richie.”
“I will.”

After Melody left Jon sat back down in the living room, he held his phone and stared at it. With a sigh he pressed the call button.

“Miss me already?” He heard Richie’s voice on the other end.
“I do.” Jon said, he was going to be honest with him. “Rich, I’m worried-”
“I’m sorry I let you and everyone else down but-”
“Let me down?” Jon asked. “No Richie, I’m worried about you, I’m glad you’re getting help.”
“Why are you worried then? I’m getting help, I’ll be fine.” Richie said.
“You will?” Jon was still worried and couldn’t shake the idea of losing him.
“Yeah I will, it’ll be good and I’ll be fine in a month.”
“I really hope so.” Jon sighed.
“It will, you got the number of where I’m going and I’ll phone you.” Richie said again. “You’ll see I’ll be fine then.”
“But what if not?” He just couldn’t shake the idea, what if Richie didn’t come back and he’d be stuck with Phil?
“Fuck Jon. If I’m gonna be positive, you have to too. You gotta support me here, I need you with me.” He just needed Jon’s support, if he had that, he’d be fine.

Finally Jon realized that too. Richie always supported him, why couldn’t he do it for him now? Melody was right, he had to have faith everything would be ok.

“You’re right, you can do that, I can do this. You phone me any time you need me.” Jon felt a little more confident.
“I will.” Richie promised. “It didn’t take this long to convince Ava it’s a good thing.”
“I know, I’m twelve.”
“Yes you are, big cry baby. Now let’s talk happy stuff. How’s Steph’s grad going?” He asked.
Jon chuckled. “Yeah she’s not gonna be happy her uncle Richie won’t be there.” Jon started.

Jon and Richie talked for the better half of an hour before saying goodbye.

After their talk Jon felt a lot better and more confident about everything and before he knew it, it was time to get the kids from school.



“You don’t look as sunburned anymore.” Romeo said after he spent a while observing Jon’s arms.
“Thanks Romeo, how was your week?”
Romeo sat back in his seat and started talking about everything he had done which made the rest start talking too. Jon was glad his children had a good week their mum’s.



They ordered the pizzas for Friday night, pizza night early so they would be here when Melody got home.

Romeo and Jake were already complaining for food but didn’t want some toast either. Finally Jon gave up on offering them anything and ignored their questions. Melody would be home in half an hour, they would just have to wait.

As usual Stephanie and Jesse were in their rooms, they always had better things to do than spend time with their little brothers and dad.

When the pizzas arrived the two chatterheads started asking for food again. Jon checked his watch, Melody would be home in a few minutes and he told the boys to go set the table. At least that would keep them busy for a little while.

Just as they finished Melody walked into the Kitchen. Once again Jon gave the two boys a task, this time to get Steph and Jess.
“I’m so glad you’re home.” Jon hugged and kissed her. “These two have wanted dinner for two hours.”
Home, it sounded so good.

Only a minute later they all sat at the table.
“Are you coming tomorrow too?” Stephanie asked Melody while talking about her graduation.
“Me? Isn’t it a family kind of thing?” She asked surprised.
“No, I would like it if you could come and Jon, Tyler, Ryan and Faith.”
Melody was amazed. Stephanie wanted her and her kids there? And she had said Jon, not J. Melody looked at Jon questioningly.
“If Steph really wants you to come, why not?” He asked. Of course he’d like it, more prettiness to look at all afternoon and evening.
“Dad can pick you up when we drive to Jersey.” Stephanie said excited.
“Good idea.” Jon agreed.
Melody wasn’t sure yet, she’d like to be around Jon all day, she always wanted that but it was Stephanie’s party.
“Think about it.” Stephanie left the option open for Melody.

No comments:

Post a Comment